When photo shoots of pregnant women were just developing as one of the directions of shooting, the frames were rather monotonous. Strictly pastel pink or blue tones, lacy props, light studios.
Now everything has changed. The variety of styles, ideas, images and interiors is truly amazing. Therefore, the expectant mother, who decided to capture her pregnancy, will have plenty to choose from.
Where to start: choose a place and a photographer for a pregnancy photo shoot
First of all, you should think about the main points:
- Decide on the location and location of the shooting. You can conduct a photo session on a city street, in a park, at home, in a studio;
- Choose the most suitable image. Think what is closer to you? Consider not only character, but also mood;
- Choose a style. Which interior style do you like best? Country, French Provence, retro, classicism, palace Empire, fashion. There are dozens of options;
- Determine the number of participants in the pregnant photo session. Maybe you decided to take pictures with your husband or older children?
The choice of a photographer will be important at the first stages. At least half of the success depends on it. Look at the portfolio of “candidates”, you should like the photos in them.
Talk about shooting, about its nuances. Compare the cost of services and the time/potential quality of its delivery.
Benefits of studio shooting
Taking photos of pregnant women outdoors is, of course, a good idea. But the majority still prefer to go for studio room online booking, and there are reasons for this:
- The event can take place at any time and in any weather. The studio is always cozy, comfortable, dry and warm;
- In a specialized room, there is always an exhaustive list of equipment that allows you to make diverse personnel;
- There is no crowd of strangers in the studio, which cannot be said about the street. This distracts someone, but simply interferes with someone;
- Shooting at Photo studio rental at H2 Photography Studio involves a variety of interiors and locations. Modern studios always have several rooms with different designs.
How preparation for photography should proceed?
You need to prepare for any photo session. And pregnant women are no exception. We have already talked about the first stages, this is the choice of the photographer, location and image.
When it was possible to decide on these points, you should proceed to the selection of clothes, makeup and hairstyles.
The ideal option is to contact a professional makeup artist. He will choose the most suitable makeup for both the image and the type of appearance. All this can be done independently, but it will not be easy to achieve a truly stunning effect;
Clothing should match the image and style of the future shoot. Prepare several sets of different types of clothing for the change of the plot. There can be as many of them as you like during one photo session. Here everything depends on the agreement with the photographer;
Think about what to dress your husband in if the shooting will be together. Remember, his style must match yours;
Don’t forget about themed accessories. Perfect for: toys, clothes for newborns, balloons.